Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)

fcorwin

Reactions
Do all GLK 250s have issues with this filter? Is there a way to clean it as opposed to buying the $$$ replacement filter?

yobrepap

Reactions
Do all GLK 250s have issues with this filter? Is there a way to clean it as opposed to buying the $$$ replacement filter?
I believe so. Fighting mine right now, just outside the 80,000 service limit. Code P2081 keeps coming back after clearing it. I tried to order the DPF from a dealer online. Was told the part is restricted to dealer only install. As of two weeks ago there were only 2 units on the shelf in the entire US with over 2,000 on backorder. That tells me this is a catastrophic failure, and MBZNA is keeping it quiet. I removed mine and had it cleaned by DPF Alternatives, a nation wide franchise. They got it back into spec. DPF back in the rig, changed Sensor 1 Bank 1, but the code is back after one week. From what I've read, I believe the EGR also needs a full cleanup. Trying to decide how to go about that. Remove (royal pain) and clean manually or go in for a chemical service, like Motorvac. Anyone else with ideas?