Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

GLEFan

Staff Member
Reactions
Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz GLE Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions
New comer with a 2013 GL450, glad to be here.

Den79y

Reactions
Hi from Australia
I currently own a 2014 ML350 Bluetech in Obsidian Black with AMG sports pack and Designo interior
I am eagerly waiting on my GLE450 coupe to arrive in Polar White ??

kruzmisl

Reactions
Welcome aboard.[/I currently own a GLS550, 2015, coming off lease. Have on order a 2017 GLE550e hybrid. Also have a 2016 S550e hybrid, with the same engine/trans combo, less the 4WD, so Im familiar with the set up and love it. People ask what good is a 17 mile range. Thats not how it works. Sure there are days when we just go around town and are on pure electric. But in 8 tanks of gas we have never averaged less than 50% of the tank on pure electric, which % is monitored from "start" and "reset" just like gas mileage. The only time we were less than 50% was an 800 mile trip to San Francisco, where it was about 40%, and the gas mileage was about 28, and we averaged about 80 mph, and just maybe we hit tripple digits just for a second???? . Even at 80 mph when cruising in a line of cars on a flat or slight downhill grade, the motor would shut off and be on electric only for miles. Our best tank around town was 605 miles on 14.5 gallons for about 41.7 mpg, with lots of around town electric only mileage. Im looking forward to the new GLE to give similar results. I drove the first one the dealer got in last week, a 2016, and it felt peppier than the S550e, even though the weight is similar. Gearing maybe? It uses the same twin turbo 329hp as the GLE400, plus fhe electric, but the zero to 60 is 5.2 vs 6.0. Move over Rosberg and Hamilton on your similar F1 hybrids!????

Reactions
Welcome aboard @kruzmisl

kruzmisl

Reactions
The dealers now have a 42 page "ordering guide" for the GLE series, for 2017 models, which is the only thing you can special order now, at least for the GLE550e. I think it's for all new "builds". It has lots of great info like details od the new packages 1, 2, and 3. Package 2 has everything in package 1, plus...... Package 3 has all of 1 and 2. You can still order line items rather than a package. I'm not sure if the package gives a price break over individual items. Some items require you also order other items, like special wheels with the sport package. It was a very complicated procedure, and I wasn't sure the dealer got it correct, but I got the preliminary build sheet and everything's there. If I scan this form is thRe a good spot to post it on this forum where it can stay as a reference. I don't think he was supposed to give me a copy. One of the best things on it is the comparison between the 2016 and the 2017 model GLE. I'm sad that the 2017 GLE didn't get the new 9 speed tranny. A new GLS 2017 came in and it had the 9. I'm still hoping that will be what comes on my order. BTW my build date is July 29, 2016. Built in Alabama!

kruzmisl

Reactions
Finally got my 2017 GLE550e December 12,2016. 4 1/2 months after it was built. So far everything works perfectly. The delay was because they had to revise the window sticker mileage expectations after the VW cheating fiasco on alternative fuel vehicles. Mine says 43 MPGe. Combined gas and electric. And 21 MPG, gas only. Combined city and highway. I can now compare this to my wife's S550e 2016. They have the same exact motor. First the GLE550e is about 400 pounds heavier and is 4 wheel drive. The S is obviously more streamlined. And the gearing is different. I'm running more RPM at the same highway speed. So I'm expecting less MPG in the GLE. The main thing is your driving pattern. The shorter the trip between charging, the higher your MPG. I do mostly short trips around our town. Many days I do 8-15 total miles, and then it's back on the charger. Often the gas engine never starts. It sows 99.9 mpg for the day. I like to push the select button on the dash and change the setting from hybrid to eMode. This allows more push on the gas pedal without turning on the engine. I get adequate acceleration for most driving, when I've floored it, I was shocked at the power. 0-60 is supposed to be about 5.3 seconds??? I think the electric torque boost really helps. Anyway,this is my first full tank after getting the car. I've had more short driving days than normal, and I've now driven 450 miles on the tank and I'm at exactly 50 MPG, with 331 miles on total electric! I still have just over a half a tank of gas left. This will not be normal, when I do longer drives, but it is possible with many short days. My wife drives about a 26 miles commute a day and in 8,000 miles has never gotten less than 34-36 MPG on a tank. The dashboard number might be off a bit and I'll check it when I get gas in about 350 miles! Since the GLE550E is basically identical to the GLE400, with the addition of the electric, and I believe the base price is about $1,000 more, but then I got a $4,085 federal rebate, it ends up being $3,085 or so LESS, and .8 seconds quicker to 60, plus much better mileage, I think this is the way to go. I'll try and post a picture of the dash board numbers. Until the next refil. John.

kruzmisl

Reactions
Im having trouble downloading the photo. BUT; One other comparison with the S550e. We seem to be able to get abou 15 miles total electric, part city part highway on the S. On the GLE I am only getting about 11-12 on total electric, before the engine automatically starts, and then it's on and off as the battery charges or I'm going downhill, or at a red light, the gas engine shuts off, and if you accelerate gradually when the battery is way down, you can still get up to 5mph or so before the engine starts again. This really helps the MPG as a lot of gas is used getting this thing moving. The difference between the 2 vehicles is probably the gearing, and possibly the GLE has a smaller battery. I'm waiting for someone to come out with an auxillary battery in a case that you can put it in the back and plug it in. Maybe even a "flux capacitor"!

GLE350MAF

Reactions
Hi everyone! Proud owner of a recently purchased GLE 350d AMG Line Premium Plus and very satisfied. Looking forward to reading and contributing.

Jerome2b

Reactions
Hi from France. Iwill get GLE350D coupe in 3 month, silver iridium. Give you pics as soon as possible.
@++

Envoy? de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk